From the Duggars (19 Kids and Counting) web-site there was a link to a marriage teaching. It was really good! I have lots of notes that I will be able to go over in more depth.
This morning I listened to a short Jon Courson teaching on thanksgiving. Once again I got the perspective shift I needed to see this surgery and even the pain as something to give thanks for. He shared two verses.
1 Thessalonians 5:18
... in everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.
Ephesians 5:20
... always giving thanks to God the Father for everything, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ.
He pointed out that not only "in" everything do we give thanks, but "for" everything we should give thanks. So this morning I took an opportunity to give thanks for all of my current circumstances. I may not know the whole story, but God does and I will happily rest in that.
In other news we had a busy past few weeks.
We had a special boy turn 4 years old!
The next day we had another special boy with a birthday!
This one turned 38. :)
We also decorated for Christmas. We laid out cheese, sausage, crackers, and chocolate and got to work. :)
This one made us miss Rex this year.
Andy set me up to watch a movie on my computer, so I'm off to watch some Ann of Green Gables. So to all of you "kindred spirits", goodnight.
No comments:
Post a Comment