Monday morning we were at CC, and Ellis is becoming such a big girl. During opening ceremonies, she was playing with a baby. I can't believe she's not a baby anymore! Although, I'm pretty sure she'll always be my baby. :)
That night Drew had a football game. It was a beautiful night, and I actually got to watch Drew play quite a bit. Although apparently I wasn't thinking of taking pictures of the game. But, I did take pictures of the littles playing on the nearby baseball field, which is why I got to watch so much.
These are all of the ingredients you need, and it was a VERY filling salad. The original recipe calls for it to be wrapped in lettuce leaves, which I may try next time.
Here's my girl helping in the kitchen, which she loves to do. :)
On Wednesday, we were working on school when UPS made a delivery. I saw some boxes, so I left them on the porch for awhile, thinking they were lights that we had ordered for the house. I would have gone running if I realized what they were!
It took until picking up my 3rd box, and seeing how light they were for everything to sink in. Ellis and I had a boot delivery! (also, my boots were in a big brown box in case you wonder why I couldn't figure that out based on this picture)
I'm so excited to have my first pair of Wellies! Now I'm debating on which size to keep. The 6's are almost too tight, but the 7's seems pretty loose. After all of the house decisions lately, I can hardly make any other decisions anymore. :) I'm waiting on Andy to get home so that he can help!
Unless any of you own a pair and want to offer me your opinion. :)
Again, we had another great night of playing in the dirt, and Gigi and Papa were able to come. Within a few second Ellis was getting all of Gigi's jewelry. : )
Lately, the big boys have been sleeping with me when Andy's out of town, but they are so loud when they sleep, that I needed a good night and talked them into sleeping in their own beds. I must admit, it was a little lonely when I went to sleep, but I did feel more rested the next morning. :)
Thursday morning we had a field trip to the Governor's Mansion. I left the littles at home with a sitter (with my friends little who are the same age), and the big boys and I headed off to enjoy the morning. It was a lot of fun!
Our tour guide was great! She did a good job of engaging the kids and keeping it an appropriate length for the ages that she was speaking with.
When we stepped into the dining room I immediately focused on this beautiful chandelier, because this past week I spent so much time choosing lighting for our house. : )
It was interesting listening to her share about this silver punch bowl, but my favorite part was when she showed pictures of Governor Scott's 2 grandbabies sitting in it, and 1 grandson standing behind it. :)
In the library she showed this picture, from a Florida book, of 2 brothers who came to visit the current governor at that time to tell them about a little idea they had for an amusement park. Their last name? Disney :)
Here's a guest room, where three former presidents have slept.
This sunroom was gorgeous, and I couldn't get a good picture to show how bright and light it was. But, I did get a good picture of the pillows, which I loved the color of. :)
The outdoor space was gorgeous!
Mrs. Scott came out and took a picture with our group and was very accommodating to answer many questions. She was so wonderful with the kids. My favorite question one little girl asked was "where did you get your necklace?" :)
I enjoyed getting this special time with the big boys!
And then last night I had a wonderful time with the ladies who attended bible study!
Although it was a great week we can't wait to see daddy when he gets home tonight!
Happy weekend!!!!!
2 comments:
Can't wait to try the egg recipe & I LOVE your new wellies! Great color. I meant to ask you last night & forgot, so I'm glad you posted :)
I was so excited about the recipe . . . until I saw that it was really a cucumber in your picture instead of a zucchini.
Post a Comment