This morning I came home a few minutes early from the gym and was anticipating having a little quiet time in my Bible while icing my knee.
I had no sooner written the date in my journal and "Lord, speak to me," when I heard the little pitter patter of feet making their way down the stairs. I had a sweet little 4 year old come find me on the couch, as he held his "kiko" (blankie), and a tic tac toe game. He asked me if I would play with him. I almost dismissed him, because this was after all supposed to be my "quiet time". But, immediately my mind started churning and I began to think about the sermon I was listening to while working out this morning. (Disclaimer: I am not always listening to a sermon. I just happened to put one on this morning. I know how I can tend to compare myself to others so I don't want to give the impression that I'm working out every day and listening to sermons.) :)
One of the things that stuck with me that the pastor said was...
"It's not how much you know. It's how well you know what you know."
I realized that this time was a gift. It was an opportunity to knit my heart closer to Davis's. With four kids close in age, time alone with each of them does not happen often. We try to make special allowances for it...someone running errands with one parent, a "date" outing, etc. But, as good intentioned as I desire to be, most days when I find moments alone I hide. J/K :) But, seriously it's hard for me to find the energy to want to either give up my alone time, or to find something to entertain the other three while I spend time one on one.
So this morning I realized that I had a choice. But, both choices were good....time in my Bible, or time with my son. This morning as I thought about what the pastor shared, I realized that it's not about how much I know, BUT instead, putting into practice what I know. I know that I desire to love God, and love others, and this morning I had a wonderful time loving an "other" in my home.
I wrote in my journal this morning for the Lord to speak to me, and He certainly did, just not in the way I expected.
And can I just add that this kid was sooooo happy when instead of hearing a response I say too often of "maybe in a few minutes", he instead heard an excited "Yes!"
In other news....
Andy and I snuck in a quick pre-session getaway this past weekend to Orlando. We planned on heading to some of the parks, but it was pretty rainy.
That was fine with us! We were still able to do several of our favorite things.
We ate... A LOT!
We road Rockin' Roller Coaster and Tower of Terror before the rain began.
We went to an afternoon movie at Downtown Disney, worked out at the hotel gym, and ate some more. Then we enjoyed Cirque Du Soleil for the first time!
It was so nice to have this time together before session began. I'm so grateful to my parents for always being willing to watch the kids and the kids LOVE time at Mimi and Papa's. This trip there were crafts, games, movies, and they scored some pretty cool treasures at a yard sale with Mimi. :)
In more news....
This one is constantly telling me that she is a "big girl" and is proving it by insisting on peeling her own banana.
These kiddos got themselves ready for our homeschool group Monday. Notice a theme? :)
These two were entertaining themselves at Knox's baseball practice by pushing each other over into forward rolls. Kept everyone happy and laughing for a good 5 minutes. :)
Decided to challenge myself with the Whole 30 this month. Ever since the holidays I have really let sugar and treats sneak back into my daily diet. Since I can't workout to the intensity that I could prior to my knee surgery I need to clean up my eating and I am curious to see if this will help aide the recovery of my knee and femoral nerve that was damaged. If you've done the Whole 30 PLEASE feel free to give me advice and tips and if you haven't, but want to join in, let me know and we can share ideas and keep each other accountable and celebrate together with pizza and candy when it's over!!! Wait, that's not what I meant to say..... :)
"TGI almost F!"
No comments:
Post a Comment