Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Anna and Elsa say Hi! (Disney Part 2)

So after the adventure of getting Davis's shoe back, we decided that the best thing for our group would be to head to the Magic Kingdom.  We were paired with another family with 2 little girls, which was nice since all of the kids had similar interests in what they wanted to see and do.

We had our tour guide until 3:30, so when we arrived at the Magic Kingdom we were off and running.  We went straight for Fantasy Land and rode Dumbo, Goofy's Barnstormer, and the Little Mermaid.

Just arrived at the Magic Kingdom and we are ready for some fun!
 


DUMBO!



 
Knox was doing an excellent job controlling our Dumbo! :)

 
Since Drew is such a big boy now, he was able to ride several rides alone.
 
 
A little blurry, but here we are enjoying the Little Mermaid.

 
Davis covers his eyes a lot lately.  I'm not sure if he was scared, or just not wanting his picture. :)

 
After this, the kids went and road the new Dwarf roller coaster.  I sat out with Davis, but Andy said it was fun!
 
At this point it was almost 1:00 and we had not allowed anyone to stop for lunch.  We have done this trip enough times that we just get on a roll and go, go, go!  After stopping, I felt bad for the other family, because they were probably starving at this point!  I did notice that they stopped for some yummy snacks when we first arrived at least.  : )  We ate at the restaurant next to "It's a Small World", which is Davis's favorite ride.  We were sitting at a table across from a window overlooking the ride.  A girl sitting at a table by the window saw how much Davis kept looking at the ride so she asked if we wanted to switch tables so that we would be right by the window.  Davis was really excited!  This sweet girl turned out to be a college girl from FSU celebrating her birthday with her mom.
 

 
Davis barely ate any of his lunch, because most of the time was spent with him looking through the slats at the boats passing by.
 
 
Here's Davis pointing up to the window where we ate lunch.


The window on the far right is the one we sat at for lunch.
 



I think I watched Davis more on this ride, than I did the attraction.  I love to see his eyes light up with excitement!
 

 
The two little girls we were with only had 1 request, and that was to meet Anna and Elsa.  Our guide made an appointment for us, so after Davis's ride we went to meet them.
 
I'm not sure anyone in our group was overly excited to be meeting them, but I was!  It's so neat how much they are trained to stay in character.  They were really sweet and so good at engaging the boys in conversation.
 

 
After this we hung out in the Frozen gift shop while some rain passed and then hopped back into our van to return to our hotel.
 
We said good-bye to our wonderful tour guide Mr. Tommy,
 
 
and then got a little rest.
 
 
We decided to skip out on that night's work event so that we could hang out with our good friends in Orlando.
 
After our rest, we headed to their house and ordered pizza and bar-b-que and had a wonderful time hanging out!  The kids played and had so much fun!
 
 

While the kids were having fun, we were having just as much fun talking and catching up.  This is a friend with whom I'm sure I could talk with for days and never run out of things to talk about.  We end up going on so many tangents with our conversations, half the time I forget what we were originally talking about!  We don't get to see one another near enough, so I try to take advantage of any opportunity we get to see them.
 
Sunday morning, we got off to a slow start, which was nice, and headed back to Ocala to pick up Ellis and hang out with my family.
 
My brother, sister-in-law and nephew also came over.  After a weekend of Knox and Davis fighting over daddy, I was overjoyed when I arrived at my parents and Ellis pushed past everyone trying to get to me saying "Mommy, mommy, mommy..."  It was so good to see her.  :)
 
After a delicious lunch, the kids (and my mom) swam in the pool for a little while before we headed home.





 
Here's Mimi and Papa with all of their grandchildren.
 
They sure are loved!  (and I'm not just talking about the kids.)
 
 

No comments: