Tuesday, October 21, 2014

It's a start

Today as I was leaving my knee doctor's office, the nurse said to me "I don't know how you do it with 4 kids."  To which I smiled and quickly replied, "me neither." : )

That would typically be the end of that conversation

But as soon as those words left my mouth I said, "I can only do it because of the Lord.  I have to constantly go to Him during my days for help."

We chatted for a minute more before I headed on my way, but I was struck with the thought of how I've been wanting to share Jesus more, and how easy it really was. 

I have had moments where I've hesitated and missed opportunities.  I've had moments where I wasn't willing to be bold and say His name in case I would offend.  I've had moments where I pondered who it is I am supposed to share with.

What I realized today, is that all I have to do is say His name.  It's much simpler than I made it out to be in my mind.  All I did was open my mouth and I allowed His words to flow through me. 

Consider saying His name to someone today.  Maybe it's someone you have been praying for or maybe it's someone you just met.  Say the name of the Lord, and allow Him to do a mighty work!

1 comment:

mmeblue said...

Hey Kristen - I don't have your number, but wanted to see if you'd like to meet up at a playground or something at some point. Give me a call if you have my number, or an email (mmeblue at gmail). :)

-Amanda